This Sudzy Online Onboarding Guide will walk you through configuring your online orderng and managing your orders. It will also help you install valuable tools like the Sudzy Driver app and Sudzy Message for two-way texting.
This video shows you the value you will get at the end of the process by making it easy for your customers to schedule pickup and delivery by text and web.
Step 1: Experience Your Store Tools
Adding employees lets you use the Sudzy Driver app and manage online orders.
- Visit the owner portal (portal.sudzy.co) on your computer.
- Log in with the username and password provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the left side of the manager portal, click Employees -> Manage.
- Click "+Add Employee".
- Enter yourself first. Add your name, set your role to Driver, a 4-digit pin, and your mobile. The rest of the fields are optional.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for each of your employees.
Download Sudzy Message / Customer Support App
Sudzy sets up a different phone line for each store. When customers text 'pickup' to this number, it automatically texts them a link to schedule online. If they text anything else, you and your employees can see what they write and reply.
- Download Sudzy Message in the iOS App Store or Google Playstore on your phone and your employees phones.
- Log in with any phone number you added for an employee in the step above.
- Try it out: Simulating a customer, text “Hi” to your Sudzy Message line from a mobile phone. Now open Sudzy Message and you’ll see the text as the store.
- Stimulating a customer, text "pickup" to your Sudzy Message line from a mobile phone. It will send the link to your online ordering.
- If you don’t have push notifications turned on you may want to enable them on your phone or iPad.
Download Sudzy Driver app
In the Sudzy Driver app, your drivers will see deliveries for today and be able to track them.
- Download Sudzy Driver in the IOS App Store or Google Playstore.
- Log in. The username is the phone number of any employee added in Portal in the first step above whose role was set to Driver. The password is the employee's 4-digit pincode.
- Go through the Sudzy Driver tutorial and share it with your drivers.
Step 2: Configure Your Online Ordering
Configure online ordering
Optional - Configure Routes
You can create weekly recurring routes where you pick up from customers at the same time each week. Customers get a text each week reminding them that you are picking up. If they reply SKIP they are automatically removed from the manifest.
See the routes tutorial.
Step 3: Manage Online Orders
Online orders are managed in the Sudzy POS app on any iPad.
OPTIONAL - Hardware
The minimum hardware you need is an iPad (10.2 or 12.9 inch). For drycleaners with many modifiers, 12.9 inch is strongly recommended.
Step 4: Promote Your Online Ordering
Activate Payment processing
With integrated card processing, swipe a card once or collect a card from customers online. The card will then be saved for one-click charging on future orders. Contact any of the processors at this page to activate an account.
After your account is live, email email@example.com to connect your account.
Send a text blast
Sending your customers a text message about your new online ordering is a great way to convert walkins to deliveries.
The average drycleaner texts 2,000-3,000 customers. The more customers you text the more customers learn about your delivery service!
Send firstname.lastname@example.org the list of customer phones you want to text for a quote.