Step 4. Setup System
In this step we make sure the configuration you set up in the manager portal in Step 2 is applied to the Sudzy POS app and that you can begin processing orders. First we will go to Sudzy POS to download your prices and employees. Second we will set security settings so you can track what your employees do. Third we will connect your devices (e.g. printer, cash drawer) and fourth we will test the devices. Fifth, we will do a test order.
1. Download your store configuration (prices and employees)
Any time you make a change to prices or employees in the portal, you have to download the changes.
- Go to the Dashboard page and click the hamburger icon in the top left.
- Click "Settings" in the expanded menu.
- In the Settings click "Update Store Configuration" to download your prices and employees.
2. Set Security Settings
Go to Settings -> Security. You have the option of requiring a pincode for any action listed here.
For example, you can see in the portal which employee opens the cash drawer at which time if you require pincode for opening cash drawer. Enable event logging to see the activity in the manager portal.
3. Connect devices
Go to Settings -> Devices and click "Default: Connect 650II Bluetooth." This will only work if you have already connected the printer to the iPad bluetooth in Step 1 Hardware.
If you are using a barcode scanner, click "Use Socket Bluetooth Scanner" then "Initialize Socket Scanner." This will only work if you properly connected the scanner in Step 1 Hardware.
4. Test Devices
- Go to Settings -> Printers
- Click "Test Ticket Printing" to make sure the printer is connected. Something should print.
- Click "Close" in the top left to go back to the Dashboard.
- Now let's test your cash drawer. Click the hamburger icon in the top left of the Dashboard. Then click "Open Cash Drawer." The cash drawer should open If it is properly connected to the printer.
5. Do a test order
- Click "Dropoff" in the Dashboard.
- Click "Signup New Customer".
- Enter the customer name and mobile (mandatory) and optionally their email. You can use your own number. If you have more than one billing group you can select a group. By default the customer will receive text notifications when their order is marked ready. You can uncheck this if a customer asks.
The next time that customer orders, you will be able to search for them by name or last 4 numbers of phone.
2. Add An Item
- Click the washfold icon on the left.
- Enter 25 to set it to 25 pounds.
- If you want to add a color or upcharge you can.
- Click "Save". You will see the item in the order details section on the right.
- Add a drycleaning item by tapping the icon.
- Click Save.
3. Delete An Item
1. Swipe left on the drycleaning item in the order details section.
2. Click the red "trash" button that appears to the right of the item name.
You can charge a customer at any point in the order. Now we will simulate charging them at the moment of dropoff.
1. Click the Pay button in the bottom.
2. Click"Paid By" and then "Other." Then approve.
3. The payment will appear in the order details on the right.
4. Click the purple "Done" button to save the order and return to the Dashboard. If you want to print a ticket click "Print" instead of "Close." You can always print more tickets anytime on the order page.
5. Mark Ready
Now let's mark the order ready so the customer gets a text.
1. Click the search icon in the top right of the dashboard.
2. Search for the order we created with the order ID, customer name, or customer last 4 digits of phone.
3. When the order is loaded, click the Ready button at the bottom. Then click "Mark As Ready". The customer will receive a text. The status will also say "Ready" in the top of the order details section.
4.Click the purple Done button to go back to the dashboard.
6. Pick Up
Now let's see what happens when the customer picks up their clothing.
1. Click the Pickup button in the dashboard.
2. Search for the order by order ID, customer name, or customer last 4.
3. On the order page, click the Pickup button in the bottom and click "Customer Picked Up". The status will change to "Done" in the top of the order details section.
4. Click the purple Done button to go back to the dashboard.
Congrats, you have completed your first order!