Step 4. Setup System
In this step we make sure the configuration you set up in the manager portal in Step 1 is applied to the Sudzy POS app and that you can begin processing orders. First we will go to Sudzy POS to download your prices and employees. Second we will set security settings so you can track what your employees do. Third we will connect your devices (e.g. printer, cash drawer) and fourth we will test the devices. Fifth, we will do a test order.
1. Download your store configuration (prices and employees)
Any time you make a change to prices or employees in the portal, you have to download the changes in Sudzy POS.
- Go to the Dashboard page and click the hamburger icon in the top left.
- Click "Settings" in the expanded menu.
- In the Settings click "Update Store Configuration" to download your prices and employees.
2. Set Security Settings
Go to Settings -> Security. You have the option of requiring a pincode for any action listed here.
For example, you can see in the portal which employee opens the cash drawer at which time if you require pincode for opening cash drawer.
Enable event logging to see the activity in the manager portal.
3. Connect devices
Connect Ticket Printer
- Go to Settings -> Devices and click "Default: Connect 650II Bluetooth." This will only work if you have already connected the printer to the iPad bluetooth in Step 2 Hardware.
If you got the optional tag printer (SP700):
- Go to Settings -> Printers. Click "Connect SP700 Ethernet Tag Printer". You will see a popup with any recognized printers. Select the one beginning with TCP and click Save. If you don't see an option beginning with TCP, make sure the SP700 is plugged in to the ethernet box. You may have to try clicking the "Connect SP700 Ethernet Tag Printer" button several times and may have to kill the app.
- Below where it says Set Printers, click Tags. Select SP700.
- Under Settings -> Printers turn on "Autoprint tags". This will print tags for you anytime you save an order with drycleaning or washpress items.
If you got the barcode scanner:
- Turn on "Use Socket Bluetooth Scanner"
- Click "Initialize Socket Scanner." This will only work if you properly connected the scanner in Step 1 Hardware.
4. Test Devices
- Go to Settings -> Printers
- Click "Test Ticket Printing" to make sure the printer is connected. A line of text should print.
- Click "Close" in the top left to go back to the Dashboard.
- Now let's test your cash drawer. Click the hamburger icon in the top left of the Dashboard. Then click "Open Cash Drawer." The cash drawer should open If it is properly connected to the printer.
5. Do a test order
- Click "Dropoff" in the Dashboard.
- Click "Signup New Customer".
- Enter the customer name and mobile (mandatory) and optionally their email. You can use your own number for this example. If you have more than one billing group you can select a group. By default the customer will receive text notifications when their order is marked ready. You can uncheck this if a customer asks.
The next time that customer orders, you will be able to search for them by name or last 4 numbers of phone.
2. Add Items
- Click the washfold icon.
- Enter 25 to set it to 25 pounds.
- Add a drycleaning item by tapping a drycleaning item.
- If you want to add a color or upcharge you can.
3. Delete An Item
1. Click one of the items you added in the order details section.
2. Click the red X button in bottom right.
You can charge a customer at any point in the order. Now we will simulate charging them at the moment of dropoff.
1. Click the Pay button in the bottom.
2. Click"Paid By" and then "Other." Then approve.
3. The payment will appear in the order details.
4. Click the purple "Done" button to save the order and return to the Dashboard. A store and customer ticket will print. You can always print more tickets anytime on the order page.
5. Mark Ready
Now let's mark the order ready so the customer gets a text.
1. Click the Mark Ready button in the homepage.
2. Enter or scan the order id.
3. If there is a rack enter it then click submit.
4. Click "+" in top right to add another order or immediately scan a new ticket id. This will build a list of ready orders. You can choose to send customer an sms or not.
5. Click "Save All" in bottom right to mark all as ready.
6. See Reports
On the Sudzy POS dashboard, click "Reports" in the bottom left.
Here you can see orders by due date, created date, and progress. You can also see deliveries (mobile app orders, Delivery.com orders, deliveries added in Deliveries page).
7. Pick Up
Now let's see what happens when the customer picks up their clothing.
1. Click the Pickup button in the dashboard.
2. Search for the order by order ID, customer name, or customer last 4.
3. If there is a balance you can charge it.
4. Select any orders that are being picked up.
5. Click Done in the bottom right to mark the selected order as picked up.
Congrats, you have completed your first order!